Thursday 1 April 2010

Plaid’s Phil Edwards interviewed by the Howard League live on twitter

A first for me today being interviewed by The Howard League for Penal Reform live on twitter today.

I believe that it’s important to use a wide range of media in connecting with the electorate, and very much enjoy using twitter for informing people about my campaign and especially for this interview.

Today I was able to engage with the debate on the future of criminal justice in a very new way and I’m thankful to the Howard League for the opportunity.

The Howard League, a much-respected organisation which focuses on reforming the criminal justice system, questioned me on the current legal system and as a former police officer and General Secretary of the North Wales Police Federation, I was able to draw on my own experiences in a thirty-year career.



Plaid Cymru wants to see a reduction in the number of people in prisons, but more importantly we want to see a reduction in the amount of crimes being committed. We need to sufficiently support young offenders once they are released back to the community in order to ensure that they do not re-offend.

We believe that a small prison should be built in North Wales, which would accommodate the needs of the area. As a former Police officer, I’m lucky to have an insight into the legal system, and I’m well aware of the challenges we face with issues of law and order. Plaid Cymru has the conviction and the policies which would reduce crime across North Wales, and ensure that our communities be kept safe from dangerous individuals.

It’s essential to use any means possible to discuss such important issues as this. Technology has become a major part of political communication, and I welcome any forum which allows us to debate on a range of matters, whether it be regarding health, law and order or education. If you would like any further information regarding my election campaign, please don’t hesitate in contacting me via twitter.

@PhilEdAberconwy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to have your say on Phil's campaign.